Starting a business is a big decision. Ensure you take the right steps, complete the necessary paperwork, and use effective blocks to build an empire you are proud to share with others.
Here’s a checklist of basic steps to take as you form your business entity.
- Complete name searches to ensure your business name isn’t taken
- Draft LLC and corporate formation paperwork for filing with the appropriate governmental entity
- Advise as to any initial tax or registration formalities that need to occur
- Draft your operating agreement, bylaws, partnership agreement, or other legal document for your business
- File fictitious business name (d/b/a) applications and the necessary publication requirements
- Prepare contracts to ensure your business runs smoothly and your interests and assets are protected
Allow us to walk you through this process and provide ongoing support as you make these decisions.
CONTRACT DRAFTING AND REVIEW
It is always more economical to have a solid written contract on the front end than it is to fix an issue on the backend. Contract drafting and negotiations are a key part of business and ensuring that all parties are aware of obligations in order to protect your business interests. Examples of the contract drafting and review services Hughley Smith Law provides include:
- Drafting of day-to-day contracts that every business needs to thrive
- Reviewing and interpreting contracts that potential business partners present to you in the course of business
- Drafting complex business agreements
- Negotiating changes to contracts to advocate for your business
- Explaining the minutiae surrounding “boilerplate” contract language and its importance and implications