We do not require registration in order to browse on our site. To purchase products or services, you must provide your contact information during your purchase. When you create a member account we request identifying information, such as your name, billing and shipping address, billing information, phone number, and email address. To access our membership services such as our business directory, you will be required to log in using unique login credentials. We then may use that information to contact you about the products and services on our site for which you have expressed interest. Registration is not required to purchase from Hughley Smith Law, but you will be required to provide your name and email address upon purchase, along with billing and shipping address, billing information, phone number. We send all new registered members an email confirming their purchase. Then registered members will occasionally receive information on products, services, special sales, and our newsletter. You have the option to opt out from receiving these types of information, and you may unsubscribe at any time.
Information Collected and How it is Used
- Information You Voluntarily Submit on the Website: We may collect personal information when you register with us, and when you use our services, such as you name and email address. This may occur when you submit a contact us form, submit a comment on a blog post, or subscribing to our newsletter. Additionally, we may use your personal information as set forth in the registration section above.
- Information We Collect from Others/Third Party Partners or Vendors: We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, such as an online store or a scheduling application, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment, etc.
- Automatically-Collected and Stored Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. When you use the Website, the information we collect may include your IP address, operating system type, browser type, domain names, referring website, pages you viewed, access time, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: We may process information using cookies. A cookie is a small data file that we download to your computer, containing information about you to facilitate interaction with our site and services. Cookies make it possible for us to store contents of your shopping cart until you are ready to check out, and to recognize your browser when you visit. By doing this, we can personalize your visits and save you time during checkout. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted. If you reject the cookie, you may still use our site. However, in order to enjoy the benefits of being a registered user, your browser must be set to accept cookies.
Use of Your Information
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To create your account, identify you as a user of the Website, and customize the Website for your account;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters, surveys, and marketing material. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To process payment for purchases you make through the Website; or,
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Sensitive Personal Information
Your Rights Related to Your Personal Information
- Opt-out : You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from our mailing list.
- Access: You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to email@example.com.
- Amend/Change: You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to amend or update your personal information. You may also re-subscribe and update your subscription profile to update your personal information.
- Forget: In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to email@example.com.
- Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Specific Third Party Use
Additionally, the HughleySmithLaw.com may use third-party service providers service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is subject to their respective privacy policies. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those sites you choose to link to from Hughley Smith Law before providing your personal information to them so that you can understand how those unaffiliated sites collect, use and share your information. The [COMPANY] currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
- DPD – this service is used to serve our ecommerce platform for contract templates. At no time is your banking information passed to the Website. We receive only information used for order fulfillment.
- Shopify – this service is used to serve our ecommerce platform for legal books. At no time is your banking information passed to the Website. We receive only information used for order fulfillment.
- Teachable – this service is used to serve our ecommerce platform for courses and workshops. At no time is your banking information passed to the Website. We receive only information used for order fulfillment.
- Mailchimp – this service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. We store your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications.
- Acuity – this service is used to schedule appointments and may collect your contact information.
- Zoom- this service is used for hosting live workshops and webinars. Information collected may be your name, email address, phone number if logging on from a mobile device. This information is used only in connection with live workshops and webinars hosted by Hughley Smith Law.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Company’s sole discretion.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Publicly Visible Info
If you create a user profile on the Website or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible.
Advertising on HughleySmithLaw.com:
Sponsored Content Tracking Pixels: This Website may engage in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies. Company makes it a policy to disclose all sponsored content in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels (aka web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign with Company. No personally identifiable information collected by the Website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
Affiliate Program Participation: The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales or visits for purposes of commissions.
Newsletters: On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties
Children Under Sixteen
Hughley Smith Law does not intentionally target our site or our services to children, and Hughley Smith Law will not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of sixteen. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Use of Information
Hughley Smith Law collects and uses your personal information to operate its website(s) and to deliver the services that you have requested. Hughley Smith Law uses your personal information to fulfill your requests for products and services, to improve our services, to customize the advertising and content you see, and to contact you. Hughley Smith Law uses anonymous information, such as that pertaining to web pages viewed, to analyze trends, to track user’s movements, to provide a better website experience and to gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Hughley Smith Law and its affiliates do not use this data in a manner that would identify you personally. Your product reviews, comments and any other information you make available in public areas of our website likely will be seen by people and organizations not related to or controlled by Hughley Smith Law. Hughley Smith Law may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or new potential services or products that may be offered.
When our registration or order forms ask you to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number), that information is encrypted for transmission. When you provide information via these forms, we use SSL encryption and this should be indicated by a ‘lock’ icon in web browsers such Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla Firefox.
Updates to this Policy
Hughley Smith Law may occasionally update this policy to reflect Company and consumer feedback. Hughley Smith Law encourages you to periodically review this policy for changes and to be informed of how Hughley Smith Law is protecting your information.
Questions and Suggestions